Submitting a W-9

W-9 Corrections is contracted by Third Party Administrators (TPA) and other entities to help manage their 1099 files before it is time to file with the IRS. According to the companies that have retained W-9 Corrections, the Tax Identification Number (TIN) and Name on their records, do not match the IRS’s record. Therefore, they are requesting a copy of your W-9 to help correct their files.

The company requesting a copy of your W-9 would be an entity that is required to file 1099s annually. Please refer to your letter to see the specific company that is requesting a copy of your W-9.

You should complete the W-9. Then return the completed W-9 to W-9 Corrections by way of:

  • Electronically filling in your information here. Then, you can upload a copy of your W-9 on the same page (PDFs Only).
  • Faxing the W-9 to: (803) 909-8539
  • Mailing the completed W-9 to: 498 Lakeshore Parkway, Rock Hill, SC 29730

If the TPA does not receive a valid copy of a W-9 or obtain your verified TIN and Name after a request has been made, you may be subject to backup withholding at a rate of 24% according to publication 1281 as published by the IRS.